Business Story Telling
A day and a half of creative, interactive, practical and engaging exercises with tutor-led discussion, guidance and critique. This course is designed to build skills and confidence in storytelling: for inspiring, motivating and leading change; for illustrating your business messages with relevance and passion; and for crafting narratives to sell ideas, products and services.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Create constructive stories for use in marketing, sales and stakeholder engagement
- Recognise and apply a compelling story structure for influencing others
- Embed their story with vivid sensory detail to capture attention and emotion
- Steer their audience towards mutually desired outcomes
- Match the commitment they seek to future goals with genuine team motivation
- Re-frame past experiences to maximise their learning value
- Bring data to life and move values to action by highlighting human experience
One and a half days, separated by a two week practice gap. Registration and refreshments from 8.30 a.m. for 9.00 start. Day One closes at 4.30 p.m.; Day Two closes at 1.00 p.m.
Day One (includes morning and afternoon refreshments with group lunch)
- Are you sitting comfortably?
- The storytelling tradition and why it works in business
- Lessons from ‘The Hero’s Journey’
- Archetypes and Characters
- Motivation for the journey
- Embracing conflict and consequence
- Story as a medium for change management
- Story as a brand narrative
- Story as a presentation tool
Agree individual learning and practice plans in preparation for next session
Day Two (includes morning refreshments)
- Progress and Review
- Using metaphor for influence and education
- The Trinity of Influence: Ethos, Logos & Pathos
- Paths to the future: Dream, Challenge and Vision
£350 plus VAT per person
Reserve Your Seat - Call 0845 805 1080
Contact us today for details of our next scheduled open course.
Ask about a Group Participant Discount or in-house delivery.
Courses are available in London and Exeter.