Decision Making Skills
A richly varied programme of techniques, delivered with engaging exercises and group discussion, to sharpen the skills most wanted by employers in the current economy. Build and practise a portfolio of tools for solving problems and taking decisions in every aspect of working life: whether for leadership, management, business growth, team building or career development.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking, logic and reasoning to examine alternative solutions to problems
- Identify contributory factors surrounding complex decisions
- Consider financial and other costs and benefits of potential actions
- Explore a variety of techniques and methodologies for reaching decisions effectively
- Listen actively to others to inform problem solving and decision making
- Align strategic decisions to core values, competitive strength and market prospects
- Recognise the value of decision making in the process of continual improvement
- Avoid procrastination and mental paralysis by adjusting the pressure to choose
One and a half days, separated by a two week practice gap. Registration and refreshments from 8.30 a.m. for 9.00 start. Day One closes at 4.30 p.m.; Day Two closes at 1.00 p.m.
Day One (includes morning and afternoon refreshments with group lunch)
- What’s Your Problem? Avoiding the pitfalls of assumption
- Gathering and processing information
- Decision making tools and techniques
- Quantifying costs, benefits and risk
- Establishing criteria and analysing alternatives
- Taking smart decisions under pressure
- Ethics and Bias in reaching decisions
- Getting the best from others
Agree individual learning and practice plans in preparation for next session
Day Two (includes morning refreshments)
- Progress Review
- Advanced tools for critical thinking and forecasting
- Decision making for continual improvement
£350 plus VAT per person
Reserve Your Seat - Call 0845 805 1080
Contact us today for details of our next scheduled open course.
Ask about a Group Participant Discount or in-house delivery.
Courses are available in London and Exeter.