Keeping up with the pace of change and the profusion of relevant information and data makes it increasingly hard to gain comprehensive knowledge, build competitive advantage and stand out in your marketplace or sector. This interactive course is packed with techniques for handling and processing information, ideas and tasks quickly, accurately and in a smart order.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Release up to half a day of extra time a week by improving focus and work speeds
- Master the basics of speed reading and mind-mapping to accelerate learning and research
- Optimise use of time by conducting sessions of focussed attention
- Use scheduling and time-boxing to maximise output
- Recognise the practical uses of variable speed thinking
- Distill the value of a range of articles or text books into an applicable subject toolkit
- Distinguish and apply ‘right-brain’ visualisation skills
- Identify slack in team productivity and win enthusiastic support for improvement
- Delegate effectively by balancing time, training and trust
One and a half days, separated by a two week practice gap. Registration and refreshments from 8.30 a.m. for 9.00 start. Day One closes at 4.30 p.m.; Day Two closes at 1.00 p.m.
Day One (includes morning and afternoon refreshments with group lunch)
- Benefits and examples of multiple speed working methods
- Setting the base line – reading speed and use of time analysis
- Patterns of seeing – physical and mental parameters
- Five-step process for effective reading and research
- From time management to focussed attention: technology for productivity
- Conquering procrastination and distractions
- Application of speed skills to career and business goals
Agree individual learning and practice plans in preparation for next session
Day Two (includes morning refreshments)
- Progress and Review with Improvement Tests
- Building a subject toolkit – essential knowledge processing for writers and speakers
- Improving team productivity through challenge and development
£350 plus VAT per person
Reserve Your Seat - Call 0845 805 1080
Contact us today for details of our next scheduled open course.
Ask about a Group Participant Discount or in-house delivery.
Courses are available in London and Exeter.